Thursday, May 1, 2008

Grandpa's May Day



So it has been a year today since Little Grandpa died. Hunter wanted to send him flowers, Jenica wanted to send him a present, so we settled on balloons. This year has been a little lonely without him, but I love to hear, and tell, stories. He will live on forever that way and through all the little things he has taught us. Even though he only knew enough to be a truck driver, I happen to think that little truck driver is pretty dang smart. I guess the only thing left to say is....I hope he is up, cause that's where the balloons went. (For all those who don't know, don't worry I am not insinuating he went anywhere but Heaven)

4 comments:

grandma b said...

I've been hope'n for a new post! What a great gift for grandpa. It brought tears to my eyes...I know...everyone is surprised. Happy May Day!

ang said...

Happy grandpa day to all of you as well...I need to try and figure out how to get music on my blog because instead of dedications to the stupid Jazz I am going to give one to grandpa

Poppy said...

Thanks for the update. Good to hear from you. Glad to see the kids.

Jennilee said...

That was such a cute idea. I know that grandpa loved it. Your kids are so dang cuted. Hopefully May can finally warm up! Here's hoping.