Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Its official

I love the freedom that summer brings. I love that we are finally over strep throat and sinus infections. I love the BBQs up the canyon with friends. I love that Carson would rather hang out in a diaper than anything else (and above all I am glad he hasn't found the "freedom" of no diaper) I love the kids begging at 7 o'clock in the morning to go out and play. I love late nights that we can ignore bedtimes for the fun of a game, or playing outside. I love eating dinners out back and I love the talks about how much longer till school is back in. (A daily conversation at our house) It took me a good week to get into the spirit of summer, I think that the infections may have played a part in it. But, Stac, I want you to know I am now OFFICIALLY enjoying the summer!

5 comments:

Dustan and Micayla said...

I love summer too!!! It always seems to go so fast I think!! We need to do something this "summer" weekend...I saw on the news it is going to be really nice...not like last weekend...call me if you want to do something? Love you all and kiss the kids for me!

grandma b said...

What?! So sorry to hear everyone has been so sick (thank goodness for blogging) but glad to hear you are all doing better. Glad the crappy weather is leaving so the kids can enjoy good weather on their summer vacation from school.

ang said...

Cool--Summer ROCKS for all of us! I am however stuck in a dark room all day and I miss the great sunshine.

Angela said...

Since I've not been in school for a couple years, and since none of children have gone to school yet, summer just feels normal to me. I didn't really notice when it started. We need to catch up with you guys sometime. My mom teaches RS down here and last time she taught, she told a story about Phil. It was funny. She told about when Phil met Elder, I guess President now, Eyring at the driving range. I had forgotten that he even worked there. Tell him hello.

Stacie said...

It's about time you caught the vision! :)