Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Best Anniversary Gift Ever



Since I haven't been doing too much and have yet to venture too far from home I don't have anything new to blog about but with our anniversary coming up on Sunday, July 13 I have had a chance to think back.
We got married on July 13 2000. I can't believe it has been eight years but I think of all we have done in eight years and can believe we are still putting along. We have had the joy of welcoming Hunter Jenica and my anniversary gift Carson, born on July 14 2006. Someone knew I always wanted a dark haired baby (hence the picture) little did I know it wouldn't last! Here are some highlights....
*Married 8 years
*3 kids in 2002, 2004, 2006. (Didn't plan that but worked out well yes??)
*Have lived in Orem, American Fork, Lehi and now in Pleasant Grove where I don't think we will ever leave.
*Gone from working at Target when I was married to doing what I love working with hospice patients for Applegate.
*Between ALL of us there has been-- 15 surgeries... broken down-- Phil, one. Me, 5. Hunter, 8 and Carson one.
*Over the course of time we have paid over $20,000 out of pocket for medical bills.
*Continuing with at least $250-300 a month in medications and continued care. (That will make you cry!!)
Has it all been worth it? Every moment.

9 comments:

Phil said...

It has been a fun roller Coaster of a ride, but I would not ride this ride with anyone else.

I love you sweetheart. Thanks for 8 wonderful years.

grandma b said...

Way to go Jenica!!!! No surgeries for her! That's sad when that is what sets you apart in a family!

Happy Anniversary on Sunday and congrats on 8 years and best wishes for a healthy future (for all of you)!

Dustan and Micayla said...

Yes...congrats on 8 years!!! Times flies when you are having fun right!! Congrats guys and here's to many many more!

ang said...

Wow--I thought $10 every three months for synthroid sucked! I guess I will survive. Happy 8 years--"clink-clink". By the way that is glasses clinking together. Happy Birthday to my little carson buddy too. I am glad to share my month with him.

Stacie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacie said...

Happy Anniversary! Eric still brags about how he spent $12,000 for our "accommodations" for our first anniversary. Yeah, he thinks he's pretty funny.

Marci said...

He is pretty funny. He knows how to go all out!!!

Poppy said...

Way to go Garrett's. Happy Anniversary. Let's all hope the surgeries are over. Our family has had there share of medical bills. Best of luck for your future. Many more happy years are ahead. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and Phil. We love your family!