Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Birthday!!


My sweet and funny little Jenica Lilly is 5 today. As we talked about her arrival into this world we thought of all the things she has overcome. It's not everyday that doctors give you devastating news without being POSITIVE first I don't know what we would have done if she really had CF. She was born on Friday the 13th. What a wonderful Valentines present for us. I had such high hopes for her coming straight home from the hospital with us but... no such luck. After spending weeks in the NICU she came home. Two days after she went right back in the hospital with RSV. I now believe she knew then how to give us a run for our money. Then all the therapy she went through and one of Little Grandpa's all time favorite stories of her. Her Physical Therapist saying she may need behavioral counseling at 14 months old. HA HA! Anyway, she has turned into a beautiful, vibrant, loving kiddo who I wouldn't change for all the money in the world. I love you Jenica!!

3 comments:

grandma b said...

I love you too Jenica Lilly!!! In her 5 years she has given us so many great stories to tell! Annie loves to hear Jenica stories. Love you Jenica...Happy Birthday!

Poppy said...

She has had quite a life. She has so much engery and it is really interesting to see what she is thinking. She is always amazing me with her thoughts. What a wonderful granddaughter.

Dustan and Micayla said...

Happy Birthday jenica...I hope it was a good one!! We can't wait to see you tonight!!! We love you!