Monday, January 28, 2008

Jenica

Anyone who remotely knowes Jenica will not be suprised by this story. I decided it was time to talk the kids today about President Hinckleys passing. In our family because of Phil and my jobs and because of Grandpa the kids are no stranger to death and it is a topic that is easily talked about. We answer a lot a questions, and sometimes they even ask others, thank you Allie for your patience. (My 7 year old neice who talks as openly as my kids.)
Well, aparently Jenica was not happy that I didn't talk to Carson about the Prophet. So, she went and dragged him by the arm (and I mean... dragged) from the kitchen, placed him on the stairs, kneeled down in front of him and had this conversation with him. "The Prophet died but it is okay because he went to live with his wife and Heavenly Father. Its okay to be sad." Carson just got a big smile on his face and said, "Thank you."

She is such a little mommy. What would I do without her.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

So cute! I love the dragging him by the arm part.

Lori said...

LOL this is now a favorite story around my house! They have never met her but I think she is one of the Favorites!

Marci said...

Hey there Lori!! Aren't these little ones funny. I have a new favorite video. The one of Landon chasing the treats. HA that is funny!! The problem is every time I see that kid I have a hard time putting him down. I think everyone can vouch for that. I can't stop kissing those cheeks of his. Hope all is well with you.